Debbie Downer

My body hates me.

All I want is to run without pain.  Last week I decided (well my body decided) I needed to take a week off from running and concentrated on strength training, extra stretching, and swimming laps to help rid the pain in my hip.  The pain subsided so yesterday I hit the pavement. 1 mile in I could barely feel the pain. By mile 3 it was full blown HURTING; I finished the run. This morning - No Bueno.  I tried foam rolling it out this morning which did not remedy the pain.

It is in my left hip and goes down the top front/back section of my thigh.  Hurts mostly when I try lifting up my leg or inclines/declines.   

Running is my 'thing'... I feel lost without it.  How can I go from running high mileage weeks to nothing.  Major self doubt lately : ( I just want to be STRONG

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day.  It asks you, 
'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"
          - Peter Maher 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers