Recovery Week, St George, Crazy Hike

Last week = RECOVERY week.

Started like this ---

Couple runs in the windy cold
Snow decided to finally arrive in UTAH

I was close to 500 miles in my old shoes so I picked me up another pair of these >>> 



Found out I got to go to sunny St. George for a work weekend!! Yippyyyy




Got a fabulous morning run in... in shorts!!!!


 Found this new drink. absolute FAV!



Went on what was supposed to be a 'easy' hike.  Turned into 16 miles of  
canyoneering fear!
(For those that know the St. George Area) 
We started at Tuacahn, climbed up to the 3 ponds, went in and out of Snow Canyon, then climbed up on the ridge, then descended down that main gorge in Ivans. 

The arrows signify death wish territory :):)


My dad and I have experienced some scary stuff... both nothing compared to this. 

At some points I was shaking so bad and could not make it stop. 
 Making it to the top (ALIVE) then back down gave us such a sense of  
accomplishment and confidence.  
We both wore the biggest smiles the rest of the weekend - 
along with our war wounds of cuts, bumps and bruises :D !!!  

We don't have many photos of the scary stuff... but here are a few from the day:









Recovery week meant 
a cut back in intensity... 
a lot of compression gear wearing...
a couple ice baths...
foam rolling...

Feeling super refreshed and READY to hit it hard again! :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers