Weekly Recap & Biking in the Cold

First week training with Teresa:

  • Swimming is 100% more enjoyable now that she has me incorporating different types of drills and techniques as opposed to staring at the bottom of the pool-free-style the whole time!
  • Saturday, I woke up super early and did not want to wait for it to warm up (about 10degrees) - my 'robbers' mask was all I needed to keep the cool off my face
  • SLOWLY getting back into running. So far - PAIN FREE :D The miles do not compare to my 50+miles/week like before BUT I have to keep reminding myself that this time I am training smart!   


  • Tomorrow is my rest day - so... I have an appointment with the PT to have the 'Graston Technique' done that he was suggesting.  It will only be $35 until I get my insurance in 2 weeks! 
  • I know everyone is talking about it BUT the Olympic Marathon Trials were so inspiring to watch! Did anyone else cry as they crossed the finish line? :) 





Today a family member asked me 
'Once you have finished the race, are you going to stop working out so much...'


Really made me think - I do not look at each day as 'training'. My mind set has really changed from seeing what my family calls a 'workout' to now
a way of life. 
As long as I can help it, this life style will NEVER stop. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers