Week 1 AZ & Birthday


I am approaching Marathon #2 a little differently.
  • Set weekly goal miles instead of day-by-day:  Last marathon training I would get frustrated with my plan – some days my legs just wanted to GO LONGER or do a different type of speed work than what my daily calendar had me planned for. So, this marathon I set weekly goal miles and the # of miles for my weekly long runs.  The rest of the days I can ‘do whatever’ my body is feeling.
  • My legs have really been responding well to taking a nice and easy bike ride after my long runs so I will continue this.
  • Cross training (swim/bike/weights/yoga specific), compression gear, and high amounts of protein has really helped me recover
  • Continue focusing on negative splits for ALL my runs
***I have to keep reminding myself to follow the set plan.  I always want to increase the mileage to fast and end up getting injured.  NOT this time. Accepting lower mileage is not being weak, it is smart.

Week 1:
Running Miles Goal           30 Miles with a 13 Mile LR
Actual                               34.8 Miles                          
                       
Monday: 0.40 Mile Run warm up (Foot Pain), 20 Minutes Weights Legs + Abs
-Awesome Raina from Small Town Runner had told me to write my ABS’s with my foot to help with ankle pain.  I got RIGHT ON practicing my ABS’s while sitting at my desk and it has helped significantly.

Tuesday: 10.2 Mile Tempo Run, 40 Minutes Cycling, 30 Minutes Total Body Weights + Abs (Foot was slightly hurting until about mile 7)

Wednesday: 6.2 Mile Easy Run, 55 Minutes Cycling, ¾ Mile Swim

Thursday: Rest Day, ½ mile Swim

Friday: MY BIRTHDAY 15 Mile Run (Finished this run really strong… I wanted to continue but I had to get back to work)

Saturday: 60 Minutes Cycling Trainer  - Intervals

Sunday: 20 Minutes Cycling Trainer, 30 Minutes Ttl Body + Abs, 3 Mile Shakeout Run


11-11-11
Turned 25 years YOUNG this past Friday.

My birthday was great for me.  I am not your typical extroverted social bug so my day consisted of:

Productive day at work, nice long run, dinner on the couch watching Stossel and Cavuto, and most importantly…

My dad surprised me with THIS:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Followers